Nationals of most third countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) are under an obligation to hold a visa for a proposed stay of a maximum duration of 3 months on the territory of the SCHENGEN States.
If you need a VISA to come to Belgium:
- The participant have to complete the registration information online;
- The participant requests its invitation to the organiser by email once the registration is completed;
- The organiser issues the invitation and the accommodation reservation and make them available into the online registration system;
- The participant fulfils all requirements needed and handle his/her request with the embassy or consulate in charge for Belgian visas. To note, this might be handled by another Schengen embassy.
- The participant is fully responsible to handle its visa in due time and to provide all required documents to obtain it;
- The organisers will not be responsible if a participant does not receive his visa on time to travel;
- The visa request should be entered at least 2 months in advance;
- The visa costs 60€ + the administrative cost;
- The participant wishing to extend its stay must be able to justify the additional time (hotel booking, etc.) when requesting its visa.
- Quick check if you need a VISA
- Donwload the detaile information concerning the visas
- List of country requiring a VISA
- List of Belgian embassies/consulates (for short term VISA, Belgium can be represented by another Schengen Country)
- Requirements for a VISA application on the immigration office website
- Minor children must submit an application form signed by a person with parental authority or by a legal guardian and If travelling without them. This means papers from both parents (requested to avoid parental rape);
- A cover letter from the organisation to the person responsible is an asset;
- If the list of participants is changing, the invitation must be updated;
- It might be requested at the border to prove that every person is having 50€/day;
- For minor children, this might include information about the parents; registration evidence to the following scholar year is an asset;
- The proof of transport is not required when you lodge the visa application, to avoid unnecessary costs but might be asked.
- You can make an informative quick check on your requirements on: http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health